Friday 2 March 2012

Change of Plans


Even the best laid plans fail.  Yesterday I confidently announced here on the blog that we would be installing our beautiful new window displays today.  Well, unfortunately it didn't happen due to one piece not arriving as it was planned to.  It missed the truck.  So, our new windows will have to wait for one more week whilst the lovely antique chest of drawers makes it's way up from Melbourne. 

In place of our new window display, here's a picture of our old window display.  The chest of drawers has sold but look at the lovely vintage lamp which I bought when I was in New York last month and our new collection of ginger jars which you may like to know are very reasonably priced.

Hope you have a great weekend.  Next week I might post some snippets of my new wallpaper collection which we will be launching with Porters Paints in the next couple of months.

xx
Anna

15 comments:

pve design said...

Anna,
You always know how to land on your feet and keep things fresh. It seems that is life, that the best laid plans take detours. The journey should be enjoyed, even if they have delays or take the long route.
I always say I much prefer the scenic, even if it adds a few miles :)
pve

WorthyStyle said...

I love that lamp! Very Dorothy Draper a la The Greenbrier.

laurenmurphie said...

I love your cutie little blog, lady!!

-Lauren xo

Allie said...

Can't wait to see the new window!

Irene said...

The lamp is lovely but I doubt it would ever make it to Greece in one piece!I look forward to the launch of your wallpaper collection.

Paint Me White said...

Hi Anna, would love to know how much the large ginger jar on the right handside is please. thanks Sandy

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Your window display is beautiful...and the lamp is amazing. I'm sure it looked nothing like what we see here when found it in NY, but the custom lamp shade you chose is so fun. I love the chest of drawers and ginger jars too!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Hi, Anna! I was actually thinking about writing you after I saw the above pic, ASKING about the gingers jars, as they are quite lovely... Would you mind contacting me by E-mail with more info, prices, etc. on that???

Many thanks!
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Lisa said...

I always love seeing photos of your shop-the colours and displays are so uplifting. Too bad I live on the other side of the world because I would adore a grouping of ginger jars.Enjoy your day!

Kate said...

Gorgeous as always Anna! I sent some friends from Adelaide in to visit when they were up in Brisbane last week. To say they were impressed with the shop would be an understatement! Xx

a jane day. said...

Really lovely ginger jars Anna!
I have a little soft spot for blue and white!
Can't wait to have a sticky at the new window! Jx

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish the ginger jars could travel, I've been looking in the UK but they are all fortunes.

Unknown said...

Anna,
This is such a lovely display, I am sure nobody minds a bit seeing it a tad longer.....
Love the mix of shabby and chic!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!